What are the benefits of training employees?
Training has many benefits for employees, their managers and the organisation as a whole as follows: –
- Improved productivity
- Increased efficiency
- More accountability
- Less support required
- An established standard for training members of staff
- A more transparent company structure
- Opportunities for employee development by tracking personal growth
Up to date evidence of employee training and development is also a standard requirement for Accreditation and Certification bodies awarding new standards or renewing them. As businesses grow and onboard new employees or subcontractors, or there is an inevitable turnover of staff, a consistent, well thought-out and engaging training programme is key to progressing both your employees and businesses performance.
This can be challenging and often a range of training techniques are required. In Person and remote face to face training to small groups and individuals can upskill in individual focus and skill areas yielding positive results, but can be challenging from a time allocation and cost perspective. Remote app or video based training can capture much larger audiences much more cost effectively and is a fantastic way of delivering the following training: –
- Refresher Training
- Induction Training
- Toolbox Talks
- Organisation and Procedural Updates
These are completed at the delegates own pace and can be regularly updated and toolbox talks can be sent through at regular intervals along with learning checks to ensure continual learning and knowledge.
At Functio we offer a variety of training options to suit any business set-up or size:
- In-person for any size group at your workplace or a suitable venue.
- Remote in-person via video meeting, ideal for smaller groups of staff working from home.
- OR remotely via a mobile training app which is ideal for reaching employees out on site or mobile who need regular up to date training, but for whom organising in-person training is difficult, costly and time consuming. Training participation data and analysis is also provided electronically streamlining the evidence/tracking process.
To suit your individual needs, we can create training lessons bespoke to and individually branded for your company. Some of the courses we currently offer are:
- ISO Induction and Awareness
- Health & Safety Inductions
- Toolbox Talks on over 30 H&S Topics
- Cyber Awareness and Security
- Environmental Awareness
- Asbestos Awareness/Management
- Modern Slavery
These courses are continually being updated and added to and we can also create new courses and lessons to meet your specific training needs, please just ask.
We’ve created an example lesson, for the remote training app to demonstrate how it works and how gamification can be used to engage the user and encourage knowledge retention. We’ve also created some FREE courses which are available via the link below for you to view and share with your staff now.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss any of our training options further.