Whether you are newly certified or have held your certifications for some time, capitalising on your UKAS certified status should be a key component of your marketing strategy.
With your marketing team incorporate your certification into your marketing strategy and start with the basics:
- Add the UKAS logo to your website (available to download from the resources section of your certification bodies customer login) there was a change to UKAS logos in February 2022 so make sure yours is the most up to date, see previous article here
- Add the UKAS logo to your email signatures
- Link all of these logos to the new ‘Certcheck’ UKAS website where your clients and potential clients can for free verify your certification status
- Update all your other marketing materials, stationery, promotional brochures etc.
- Communicate within your own organisation to ALL staff of this achievement via team meetings or email/newsletters. Sales and new business roles in particular may need to build it into their pitch process.
- Post on social media sites (consider boosting or sponsoring posts to maximise reach)
- Issue a press release to relevant trade magazines or consider an advertorial article
- Notify all your existing customers of your new certification or of your recertification via email / newsletter
- Add a news or blog post to your website and consider within this post explaining exactly what your ISO certification means as not all potential clients may be familiar with the standards and this will save them the leg work.
- Make regular announcements which include ISO, especially events such as successfully passing your Surveillance or Re-Certification Audits
- Add UKAS logos to all general business posts /communications (within the boundaries of your Certification bodies marketing permissions) where possible or mention your UKAS certified status
- Create Case Studies that detail how you achieved project success and how ISO contributed to this.
- Use ISO to pursue improvements within your business and communicate this through your marketing channels – new clients are more likely to utilise a business with a clear framework and that is success driven and continually improving, it provides confidence
Pursue new markets
- Your achievement will open new opportunities
If you need assistance with accessing logos etc or would like to discuss any of this further, please email email@example.com or call 01903 740609
Read more about the UKAS ‘CertCheck’ database here