Development and Implementation of an Integrated Management System to ISO 9001, ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 for this start-up with a mission to spearhead the response to Electric vehicle growth in the UK, by providing innovative, scalable electric vehicle charging infrastructure and software to all sectors for free.
EV Chargers were looking to achieve ISO 9001, ISO14001 and ISO45001 to create a platform and structure for the businesses projected growth and to pre-qualify for tenders and PQQ’s. With a management team that already had several years of experience of working inside an Integrated Management System, leadership Commitment was already understood and evident and much of the required policy set was already recognised and partially implemented.
Functio’s role was to form a Management System and bolster the existing policy and procedures to ensure compliance with the standards, developing an Integrated Management System that the business can operate and work to on an ongoing basis without creating an admin and paperwork burden.
Once the system was developed implementation took place involving delivery of induction training – through an online delivery platform provided by Functio, Awareness posters were prepared and cited around the office and all personnel were briefed on their responsibilities
Following successful Certification by a UKAS Accredited certification body Functio were appointed by EV Chargers to provide ISO Maintenance on an ongoing basis to complete Internal Audits, Register and System Updates and ISO Consultancy to ensure EV Chargers continue to meet their ISO requirements and have an evidence base in place for annual Surveillance Audits.
“EV Chargers have clear vision for a more sustainable future and are passionate about having a positive impact on the world through the service they deliver. We’ve supported them by implementing a fully integrated management system which demonstrates this start-ups commitment to Quality, Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental standards. By working with them in the early stages of their business we are confident they now have a great platform for growth based on the solid foundations of their integrated management system.”
As a rapidly growing start-up looking to achieve ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001, Functio was a huge source of knowledge and support. Functio was thorough and communicative throughout, taking the time to understand our business requirements and implement an IMS that suited our needs. Thanks to their expertise we passed our stage 2 audit with no non-conformances. We’re looking forward to continuing our working relationship with Functio.
- Implementing procedures in a fast growing start-up and changing environment
- Developing H&S controls across a start-up installation service
- Developing an Integrated System that is fit for purpose across the business
Stand out points
- The team at EV Chargers understand the importance of getting their systems and processes in order right from the start.
- By using a remote training approach to ISO awareness, EV Chargers have actively engaged their workforce to understand their management system processes and their commitment to maintaining Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety standards.
- The Integrated Management System is embedded within the organisation successfully
- The leadership team are committed to Continual Improvement within the business